Zehnder ComfoAir Q350/Q450/Q600: Heat/Energy Recovery Ventilation Systems
SPECIAL ORDER PRODUCT: Please contact us for pricing and delivery timeframe.
SYSTEM DESIGN: Request a Ventilation Plan for Your Home
This product requires additional components for installation. A professional design and plan is recommended to ensure it is suitable for your project.
We can provide a ventilation plan, including:
- Total air flow and fan speeds.
- Air volumes in the supply and extract air rooms.
- Spatial representation.
- Your material list.
- Floor plan.
- A description of each component.
- Notes on installation.
- Dimension drawings.
- Energy label.
Please contact us via EMAIL with a copy of your floorplan and your requirements and we will be in touch.
Create a Healthier, More Comfortable Home to Live
Zehnder ComfoAir Q is the new generation of ventilation units that are more efficient, even quieter and more intelligent. State-of-the-art design, combined with intelligent technology, make Zehnder ComfoAir Q the best products available on the market. A large number of innovations enable optimum acoustic performance, even better heat recovery and particularly low energy consumption. Zehnder ComfoAir Q provides outstanding comfort for a perfect indoor climate with maximum energy efficiency.
ComfoAir Q units suit medium to large size homes and include a high efficiency counter-flow heat exchanger that can recover up to 96% of heat.
Optimum Indoor Ventilation
The ComfoAir Q are intelligent, ultra efficient heat recovery ventilation systems that provide a healthier more comfortable indoor space. New integrated technologies help to deliver market leading performance including efficient heat recovery (up to 96%), low noise generation and reduced power consumption. Temperature and humidity sensors allow the unit to respond automatically to changing environmental conditions and deliver low maintenance trouble free operation.
The ComfoAir Q extracts the heat energy, which would have otherwise been lost through the normal exhaust processes, and transfers this to the fresh, filtered supply air which is drawn in from outside.
Engineered for Maximum Efficiency
The unique diamond shaped heat exchanger features a larger surface area, which provides a higher level of efficiency. The exchanger features fully optimised channel heights to ensure a constant air flow with lower pressure loss.
The ComfoAir Q, counter-flow exchanger operates in energy recovery mode to maximise heat recovery transfer throughout the year. Summer bypass operation can also be also used to allow cooler air to be brought directly into the building, when the inside temperature has increased above the comfort temperature.
- Recovers thermal energy from stale air extracted from the building.
- Available with sensible (HRV) and enthalpy (ERV) counter-flow exchanger.
- Enthalpy counter-flow models also recover latent energy allowing dehumidification in humid climates.
- Proportional bypass provides more accurate temperature and humidity control.
- Large exchanger size ensures minimal pressure drop, efficient power consumption and low noise generation.
- Comfort ventilation units with air volumes of up to 350, 450 and 600 m3/h at 200 Pa.
- Left or right hand unit configuration combined in one device, providing installation flexibility.
- Simple and quick installation.
- Commissioning wizard and intuitive device display for simple commissioning in three steps.
- New diamond heat exchanger with larger surface area for higher heat recovery and less air resistance ensuring lower energy consumption.
- Latest EC fan technology for quiet and energy-efficient operation.
- Innovative air volume balancing for maximum heat recovery.
- Optional adaptive pre-heater for intelligent temperature control of the drawn-in outdoor air for the best possible energy efficiency.
- Easy operation from switch to app and remote monitoring.
- Optimal alignment of comfort ventilation unit and Zehnder original filters (in accordance with ISO 16890 air filter standard) creates dust-free indoor air and maximum hygiene.
- 3 sizes available to suit medium to large size homes: Q350, Q450 and Q600.
- Unique diamond shaped counter-flow heat exchanger maximises heat transfer whilst minimizing pressure drop.
- Fully optimised impeller and housing design ensures effective performance and a highly efficient air flow path.
- Automatic 100% filtered bypass.
- ComfoWell attenuators ensure quiet operation.
- Certified as an official Passive House Component by the Passivhaus Institut.
- Weight: 50kg.
- Ducting: 4 x Ø160mm spigots (Q350 and Q450), 4 x Ø180mm spigots (Q600).
- Condensate Connection: 32mm.
- Construction: Internal body - Polyethlene, Unit housing - ABS.
- Fan Motors: ebm-papst EC.
- Filters: Extract - G4, Supply - F7.
Zehnder ComfoConnect LAN for App Control
- Operate your ComfoAir Q at home or on the road with the Zehnder ComfoControl app.
- All ventilation system functions can be accessed right down to the last detail.
- In-app commissioning wizard.
- ComfoAir Q software update via the app.
Technical Data Q350
Sound Level (dB(A) @ 3m)
Performance Curves What Makes Fresh Ventilation Different
Fresh Ventilation is a family owned and operated business. Our main business has specialised in the installation of premium quality ventilation systems for over 10 years.
Our focus is on premium products and expert advice to create ventilation systems that actually work.
All of our kits include:
Personal installation maps tailored to your home.
One-on-one conversations to help us understand what is going on and recommend how best to solve it.
One-on-one telephone and/or FaceTime conversations to help you with installing your system.
Installation photos and videos outlining best practices and things to avoid.
Cameron from Fresh Ventilation here!
We installed a Zehnder ComfoAir Q350 as a demonstration unit in our office space above our warehouse. I wanted to write a public review because it’s been a while since I’ve been so impressed by a product.
We’re regularly seeing the advertised 96% efficiency at real airflow levels (200m3/h). The app control is ahead of anything else on the market and the smarts of the system are equally unmatched. Self-balancing means that the system automatically compensates for differences in supply/exhaust pressure (such as open windows affecting the exhaust side or installation of a pre-heater or HEPA filter on the supply side). The bypass is similarily smart. It opens automatically (either partially at set increments or completely) to bring in cooler air at night during summer and warmer air during the day in winter. It can also open partially when there are humidity benefits in doing so.
We are impressed!